Green Conference Facilities
Green Meeting and Conference Facilities
National park meetings at Sequoia's Wuksachi Lodge and Kings Canyon's John Muir Lodge come with a natural upgrade: the spectacular setting of Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks. We offer everything you need to meet and exceed your group's expectations, from professional, environmental and social perspectives.
With state-of-the-art audio/visual equipment and flexible green meeting spaces, Sequoia's Wuksachi Lodge is focused on your success. Our Sequoia meetings and events team is sensitive to the fragile nature of the park and continuously looking for ways to minimize the impact of business on the environment.
Plan Your Green Meeting in Sequoia
Wuksachi and its parent company, Delaware North, play an active role in supporting the National Park Service's resource management activities with our GreenPath® initiative. The revolutionary GreenPath® program is a formal, documented, and comprehensive environmental management system that is organically woven into everything we do. We invite you to join us and plan a green meeting that will soar to new eco-heights. Here are just a few suggestions on how you can host successful, productive Sequoia meetings that are also easy on the environment.
What can you do to help minimize air pollution in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks?
- Encourage your attendees to carpool if arriving by auto, or coordinate travel via van or bus.
- Utilize the free in-park shuttle service (seasonal) rather than driving between locations.
- Take advantage of our many hiking trails and walk whenever possible.
Minimizing Disposable Materials
Recycling is great, but it is even more important to minimize the amount of materials we introduce into the recycling and waste streams. Some ways you can "green" your Sequoia meeting include:
- Instead of distributing paper handouts, use audio/visual presentations and other electronic media.
- Instead of paper plates, paper napkins, and plasticware, use real china, silverware, and linen napkins. These can all be washed and re-used rather than recycled or thrown away.
- Use bulk dispensers for items like sugar, salt and pepper, rather than individual packets.
- Rather than using flip charts for brainstorming and idea organizing, use white boards or a laptop with a projector screen.
- If disposables must be used, select recyclable or biodegradable materials.
Food and Beverage Selections
Being eco-friendly extends well beyond transportation choices and meeting materials. At Wuksachi Lodge, we take the same careful consideration with our food and beverage selections by offering:
- Organic beverages (such as coffee, tea, and wine).
- Local and in-season regional cuisine when possible.
- Sustainable seafood choices.
- Sample organic/sustainable menus are available upon request. Vegetarian and vegan options are also available.
More Green Meeting Practices
- Conserve energy by turning off lights, climate control, and audio/visual equipment when meetings are not in session. Encourage your attendees to follow these same practices when not in their guestrooms.
- Maximize paperless technology by taking advantage of new media and digital technology. Provide presentation information on a flash drive or online for attendees to reference digitally.
- If you can't avoid using paper handouts, use recycled paper and print on both sides of the page. To go the extra mile, use a soy or vegetable-based ink.
- Provide conference cups or travel mugs for use at all coffee and beverage breaks.
- Recycle used paper, plastic, metal, and glass products rather than throwing them away. Keep recycling containers in the meeting room for convenient use.
Book Your Event
Call our Group Sales offices at 888-252-9191, option 1, or request a quote below to plan your wedding, meeting, or host a corporate or group event that brings people together with nature and each other.