As our services evolve throughout the seasons, we aim to provide you with the latest and most current information to keep you well-informed about our property and surrounding areas.
At Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks, we are focused on creating an experience that delights every guest.
Please reference the important information below for our guests:
- First night's room rate and tax for each room reserved is due at the time of booking. Any remaining balance for the reservation will be collected at check-in.
- What to expect in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks:
- Purchase Entrance Pass in Advance - Expect long lines at Park entrance stations between 10 AM - 3 PM. The best times to visit are early in the morning or later in the afternoon. We recommend purchasing your entrance pass in advance on recreation.gov to reduce your time at the entrance booth.
- Traffic Delays - Although the Generals Highway is open, there are several areas where storm damaged roads are still under repair and require one-lane traffic control. Visitors should drive cautiously and expect delays.
- River Safety - Rivers are extremely dangerous this year as a record snowpack continues to melt at higher elevations. We urge visitors to keep a safe distance from the water's edge as rocks are slippery and most fatalities have been from people unintentionally falling in. Even on the hottest days, the water from the mountain snow melt is frigid cold.
- Camping - Camping is limited this year and reservations are required. Please check recreation.gov for availability.
- Wildlife and Pets - Wildlife is prevalent throughout the parks, and it is extremely important to keep all food and scented items stored properly or disposed of in bear proof trash bins. Feeding wildlife is not allowed and can make them bold and potentially dangerous to visitors. Pets are not permitted on trails. Visitors should take that into consideration before bringing their pet along for the ride. High temperatures are expected this weekend, and car interiors can get dangerously hot for pets needing to be left behind.
- Area Closures - Both the Cedar Grove area in Kings Canyon National Park and the Mineral King area in Sequoia National Park remain closed due to severe road damage from winter storms.
- Electric Vehicle Advisory: There are currently no charging stations available in Sequoia and Kings Canyon, so we strongly advise charging your vehicle before heading up the mountain.
|Wuksachi Lodge||Open||24 hours|
|Wuksachi Lodge will have a brief seasonal closure from January 7, 2024 to March 15, 2024|
|Peaks Restaurant||Open||7 AM - 10 AM
5 PM - 8 PM
|Wuksachi Gift Shop||Open||8 AM - 8 PM|
|Wuksachi Pizza Deck||Open||11:30 AM - 3 PM|
|Lodgepole Showers & Laundry||Closed|
|Bearpaw High Sierra Camp|
|Bearpaw High Sierra Camp||Closed||Closed until further notice|
|Grant Grove Market||Open||9 AM - 5 PM|
|Grant Grove Gift Shop||Open||Fri-Sun: 11 AM - 4 PM
|Grant Grove Restaurant||Closed||Re-opening March 22 at 11:30 AM|
|Courtyard Dining||Closed||Re-opening March 22 at 11:30 AM|
|John Muir Lodge|
|John Muir Lodge||Closed||Re-opening March 22 at Noon|
|Grant Grove Cabins|
|Grant Grove Bath Cabins||Closed||Re-opening March 22 at Noon|
|Grant Grove Tent Cabins||Closed||Re-opening May, 2024|
|Cedar Grove Lodge|
|Cedar Grove Lodge||Closed||TBD|
|Cedar Grove Gift Shop||Closed||TBD|
|Cedar Grove Market||Closed||TBD|
|Cedar Grove Grill||Closed||TBD|
|Cedar Grove Showers, Laundry, and Restrooms||Closed||TBD|
You can book online or call us at 866-807-3598 Monday-Friday from 6 AM - 6 PM PST, Saturday-Sunday from 9 AM - 5:30 PM PST. Please Note: our call center is experiencing a higher than usual call volume. If you need to contact a reservations agent, please be aware that your time on hold may be longer than normal. Alternately, you may book your reservation online. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.