Last Updated: 6/1/2023
Giant Forest now accessible from Highway 180
Generals Highway from Highway 180 to the Giant Forest is now open. This is currently the only way to reach the Giant Forest/Lodgepole/Wuksachi areas. The Foothills Area of Sequoia is accessible from Highway 198, but only the first six miles. Generals Highway is closed for repairs between Hospital Rock and Giant Forest.
The Grant Grove area of Kings Canyon is open, with access to giant sequoias including the General Grant Tree.
Due to severe road damage along the Highway 180 corridor between Grant Grove and Cedar Grove, Caltrans does not expect repairs to be completed before the end of the summer season. This means public access is not expected into the Cedar Grove area of Kings Canyon National Park for the 2023 summer season.
For detailed information about what areas of the park are open vs closed, please visit the National Park Service website. For current road conditions, call 559-565-3341, press 1, then 1 again.
We are committed to maintaining an environment that helps keep our guests safe.
At Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks, we are focused on creating an experience that delights every guest. The health and safety of our employees and guests is always our highest priority.
Please reference the important information below for our guests:
- Full payment for the reservation will be taken at check-in.
- What to expect in Giant Forest/Lodgepole Area (access from Grant Grove):
- Shuttle service will be operational beginning June 2, from ~9AM to 6 PM, all routes
- Moro Rock/Crescent Meadow Road will be closed to public vehicles, as typical, on weekends from 8 AM to 4 PM. Shuttle service will be available
- This area is open to public vehicles Monday through Friday
- Giant Forest Museum and Park Store will be open for summer hours 9 AM to 6 PM.
- The wilderness permit station will be located at the Giant Forest Museum.
- Pinewood Picnic Area will remain closed for maintenance until further notice.
- Lodgepole Market and Grill will remain closed, on track to open in early July.
- Wuksachi Lodge will open with food service.
- One set of restrooms in the Wolverton parking lot (closest to trailhead) will remain closed until further notice.
- Lodgepole Campground is estimated to reopen on June 9.
- A, B loops and Log Bridge, maybe C loop.
- The rest of the campground is estimated to reopen on June 23.
- Electric Vehicle Advisory: There are currently no charging stations available in Sequoia and Kings Canyon, so we strongly advise charging your vehicle before heading up the mountain. The nearest electric vehicle charging stations are as follows:
|Wuksachi Lodge||Open||24 hours|
|Please Note: Prior to your arrival, please be advised that you will not be able to access Wuksachi Lodge from the Sequoia National Park entrance station on Highway 198; you will need to enter through the Kings Canyon National Park entrance station on Highway 180. Due to the lack of cell reception in the area, Google Maps and Apple Maps may not update information on the road status of Highway 180. If you have any questions, please call the Wuksachi Front Desk at 559-625-7700.|
|Peaks Restaurant||Open||7 AM - 10 AM
5 PM - 8 PM
|Wuksachi Gift Shop||Open|
|Wuksachi Pizza Deck||Open||11:30 AM - 8 PM|
|Lodgepole Market||Temporarily Closed|
|Lodgepole Showers & Laundry||Temporarily Closed|
|Bearpaw High Sierra Camp|
|Bearpaw High Sierra Camp||Closed||Closed for the 2023 Season|
|Grant Grove Market||Open||9 AM - 5 PM|
|Grant Grove Gift Shop||Open|
|Grant Grove Restaurant||Open|
|John Muir Lodge|
|John Muir Lodge||Open||24 hours|
|Grant Grove Cabins|
|Grant Grove Bath Cabins||Open||24 hours|
|Grant Grove Tent Cabins||Open||24 hours|
|Cedar Grove Lodge|
|Cedar Grove Lodge||Closed||TBD|
|Cedar Grove Gift Shop||Closed||TBD|
|Cedar Grove Market||Closed||TBD|
|Cedar Grove Grill||Closed||TBD|
|Cedar Grove Showers, Laundry, and Restrooms||Closed||TBD|
We are currently accepting reservations for upcoming dates. You can book online or please call us at 866-807-3598 Monday-Friday from 6 AM - 6 PM PST, Saturday-Sunday from 9 AM - 5:30 PM PST. Please Note: our call center is experiencing a higher than usual call volume. If you need to contact a reservations agent, please be aware that your time on hold may be longer than normal. Alternately, you may book your reservation online. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Updated Cancellation Policy:
We have created a new cancellation policy that provides our guests with the confidence of flexibility during this unprecedented situation that affects all Delaware North Parks and Resorts destinations.
Under this policy, all reservations may be changed or canceled at no charge* by 4:00 pm PDT 2 days before the scheduled arrival date. Please note that changes to the reservation will be subject to availability and any rate differences.
Thank you for your understanding, and please stay safe.
*Excludes reservations booked under the Advance Purchase / Book Early and Save rate, which are non-refundable.