Due to our efforts to stop the spread of COVID-19, not all services and amenities may be available, and/or may be operating at a reduced capacity with limited hours.
Please see our COVID-19 Updates page for up-to-date information.
Accessible Rooms in Kings Canyon National Park
Registration: Accommodations are located on the first floor of the John Muir Lodge adjacent to the Registration Desk. If you need assistance with your luggage, please ask at the Front Desk and they will be happy to assist you. The ADA-accessible ramp is located on the eastern side of the building.
Parking: We have ADA parking located in front of the John Muir Lodge where you will register for your room. ADA Parking is also located near the Restaurant and Visitor Center, as well as the Market and Gift Shop.
Entrance Doors: The only automatic doors will be located at the Restaurant. All other doors have handles at a level that allow persons in a wheelchair to reach and operate them. Our staff will be happy to assist should you need further assistance.
Front Desk Registration: There is a wheelchair height portion of the front desk counter where check-in can be done comfortably. Wheelchairs can access the entire area easily.
Ramps & Elevators: There is an ADA ramp to access the John Muir Lodge on the East side of the building. There is not an elevator at Grant Grove. The Restaurant, Gift Shop and Market all have ADA ramps to the entrances and are located on the first floor so no elevator is necessary.
Dining: Our Restaurant will have ADA ramp access from the parking lot to the entrance, and the doors will all be automatic.
Shopping Areas: Both the Market and the Gift Shop have ADA ramps to the entrances from the parking lots. The doors are not automatic. There is an automatic door into the Gift Shop from the Restaurant Courtyard into the Gift Shop.
Guestrooms: IF YOU NEED THESE FEATURES, OR IF THERE ARE NO OTHER ROOMS AVAILABLE THAT MEET YOUR NEEDS, PLEASE PROCEED. OTHERWISE, PLEASE SELECT A DIFFERENT ROOM TYPE.
- Mobility and Hearing Accessible Deluxe King Room with Tub: This deluxe room has one king bed and accessible features for guests with disabilities. Mobility accessible features include widened doorways, accessible tub with grab bars, toilet with grab bars, low-density carpet, and lowered peephole. Hearing accessible features include visual fire alarm, phone with flashing light when ringing, and outlet within 4 feet of phone for TTY use.
Please call us at 866-662-9928 should you have further questions about accessibility.
Guestroom Bed Heights:
- All beds: 25.5"
For Your Accessibility Needs
- The hotel's public entrance is accessible.
- The route from the hotel's accessible public entrance to the registration area is accessible.
- The route from the hotel's accessible public entrance to the accessible guest rooms is accessible.
- The route from the hotel's accessible public entrance to the restaurant is accessible.
- Accessible guest rooms with mobility features have doorways that provide 32" of clear width.
- The hotel's public restrooms are accessible.
- Accessible parking spaces for cars are provided in the self-parking facility.
- Van-accessible parking spaces are provided in the self-parking facility.
- The restaurant is accessible.
- The hotel has a TTY for guest use.
- The hotel's guest room televisions have closed captioning or closed captioning decoders are provided.
Look for availability, and make your reservation conveniently online.
*The only real limitation to an ADA individual is our nearly 20 feet of snow that we average each winter. Our staff does an excellent job with snow removal, but often times during storms it is not possible to keep the walkways and parking lots clear, and it may be a day or two after a storm before all ADA parking, walkways to and from buildings, etc., are clear enough for use by a wheelchair or other persons with special needs. Our staff is always ready and happy to assist and we have and will continue to overcome these obstacles as needed. Generally, ADA accessibility is much better from May until early November than in the snowy months. In addition, there are many paved trails especially set aside for ADA within the park and the giant sequoia groves that are not accessible during the snowy months.