Current Road Conditions & Travel Alerts
Find out more about the current road conditions, and whether they'll impact your trip to Sequoia and Kings National Parks. Updated road condition information is also available by calling (559) 565-3341.
- Construction Update:
Beginning Monday, October 22, 2018
- Weekdays: Delays between 8 a.m. - 4 p.m. along a one-mile section of the Generals Highway in Sequoia National Park will be up to two hours in duration, uphill traffic first. These delays are scheduled through Friday, November 2, 2018, but may be extended if needed, and after park review.
- Weekends: Expect delays up to 20 minutes starting Friday at 5 p.m. Traffic lights will control traffic.
- Overnight: Entry to Sequoia National Park is recommended via Highway 180 on Sunday-Thursday nights, as Generals Highway will be closed from 8 p.m. - 6 a.m. due to construction. One pass-through will occur at 8 p.m. and another at 11:30 p.m., uphill traffic first.
Please be advised that the delay schedule may change at any time due to weather or emergencies.
Vehicles longer than 22 feet are prohibited on the stretch of road between Hospital Rock and the Giant Forest Museum. Visitors with vehicles over 22 feet are advised to enter via the Highway 180 northern entrance.
Please visit the National Park Service's website for more information.
- The Generals Highway between the South Sequoia National Park Entrance and Wuksachi Lodge is open, but conditions may change – you may call (559) 565-3341 for current road conditions.
- Cedar Grove will close for the season on Monday, October 22, 2018, at 10 a.m. due to unexpected road work on Highway 180 just east of Hume Lake Road.
- Tire chains can be required at any time on park roads and are available for purchase or rent at locations near entrances.
More information about current park and road conditions are available on the National Park Service's website.