Current Road Conditions & Travel Alerts
Find out more about the current road conditions, and whether they'll impact your trip to Sequoia and Kings National Parks. Updated road condition information is also available by calling (559) 565-3341.
- Travel Advisory: Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks:
Please be advised that a winter storm and winter driving conditions exist within the parks. Currently road closures and hazardous conditions can happen quickly and without notice.
For the most up to date road conditions, please call 559-565-3341 or visit https://www.nps.gov/seki/planyourvisit/conditions.htm for current road and driving conditions via NPS.
Tire chain restrictions are in effect and all vehicles (including 4WD and AWD) are required to have chains in control areas.
For guests with reservations at Wuksachi Lodge or John Muir Lodge who would like to change the date of their current reservation, please call 866-807-3598 and our reservations specialists can assist.
- Winter Driving Update:
During the winter, travel between Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Park is impacted by the snow. Please use the following roads to access Grant Grove and Wuksachi Lodge during the winter:
- Grant Grove: Highway 180
- Wuksachi Lodge: Highway 198
- The Generals Highway between the South Sequoia National Park Entrance and Wuksachi Lodge is open, but conditions may change – you may call (559) 565-3341 for current road conditions.
- Cedar Grove is closed for the season due to unexpected road work on Highway 180 just east of Hume Lake Road.
- Tire chains can be required at any time on park roads and are available for purchase or rent at locations near entrances. It is strongly recommended to carry them during the winter.
More information about current park and road conditions are available on the National Park Service's website.