Current Road Conditions & Travel Alerts
Find out more about the current road conditions, and whether they'll impact your trip to Sequoia and Kings National Parks. Updated road condition information is also available by calling (559) 565-3341.
- Construction Update:
Schedule through December 16, 2018
- Daily until December 14 (including weekends): Delays between 7 a.m. - 5 p.m. along a one-mile section of the Generals Highway in Sequoia National Park will be up to one hour in duration, uphill traffic first. Downhill traffic will follow. Shorter delays are possible, especially during wet weather. From 8 p.m. - 5 a.m., the construction zone will be closed, with two exceptions. There will be two pass-through times: 8 p.m. and 11:30 p.m. Otherwise, both lanes are closed.
- December 15-16: No delays are scheduled.
Please be advised that the delay schedule may change at any time with little notice due to weather or emergencies.
Vehicles longer than 22 feet are prohibited on the stretch of road between Hospital Rock and the Giant Forest Museum. Visitors with vehicles over 22 feet are advised to enter via the Highway 180 northern entrance.
Please visit the National Park Service's website for more information.
- The Generals Highway between the South Sequoia National Park Entrance and Wuksachi Lodge is open, but conditions may change – you may call (559) 565-3341 for current road conditions.
- Cedar Grove is closed for the season due to unexpected road work on Highway 180 just east of Hume Lake Road.
- Tire chains can be required at any time on park roads and are available for purchase or rent at locations near entrances. It is strongly recommended to carry them during the winter.
More information about current park and road conditions are available on the National Park Service's website.