Sequoia and Kings Canyon Lodging Now Open!
As a result of California's recent stay-at-home order to help prevent the spread of COVID-19, all Delaware North-operated lodging in Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks was previously temporarily closed. However, following the lifting of the stay-at-home order, we are excited to announce we have begun re-opening!
• Wuksachi Lodge: Open Now!
• John Muir Lodge: Open Now!
• Grant Grove Cabins: Open Now!
• Cedar Grove Lodge: re-opening June 25!
Kings Canyon National Park and Sequoia National Forest remain open for day visitation, including sightseeing, big tree groves, hiking, camping, and snow play. Limited food and beverage, snow shoe rentals, winter apparel, snow chains, and more are available at the Grant Grove Market (open 9am-5pm daily).
Please visit our COVID-19 Updates page for full details and up-to-date information.
Every national park has its top lodge, the one place to stay that reflects all the park stands for. The Wuksachi Lodge is Sequoia's signature hotel, a striking stone-and-cedar mountain lodge situated in the heart of the park and surrounded by a mighty sequoia forest and soaring Sierra peaks. Open year-round and located with the best access to Sequoia's awesome attractions, the Wuksachi Lodge was built in 1999 in a spectacular alpine setting at an elevation of 7,200 feet.
Limited wireless internet is available in designated areas of the main lodge. We are unable to get sufficient bandwidth to offer internet in guest rooms. You will be able to check email and flight information and use some social media sites, but you will not be able to stream video, watch movies, transfer large files or large amounts of data, or use real-time services like voice chat or screenshares. For complete details, please see #8 on our FAQ page.
All guest rooms at this distinctive Sequoia lodge are located 100-200 yards from the main lodge, and feature upscale, natural décor highlighting native granite rock, oak, cedar and hickory woods, private baths, flat panel televisions, telephones, hair dryers, coffee makers, iron/boards, mini refrigerators, ski racks, central heat, and daily maid service.
Wuksachi Lodge is dog-friendly. The pet fee is $25 per pet, per day. Please review the Pet Policy if you will be traveling with your pet(s).
You'll enjoy our Sequoia lodging's remote location, yet all the modern amenities and guest services of a AAA-rated three-diamond hotel. It's the perfect base camp for exploring the wonders of Sequoia by day, and as evening falls, spinning Sequoia stories next to a roaring, rock-rimmed fireplace. Click here to view Special Events happening in Sequoia National Park.
Check Rates Online or Call (866) 807-3598
Note: The accommodations are a short distance across the main road from the registration desk at the main lodge (see the Check-in Area Map below). It is advisable to keep your luggage in the car while checking in and if needed, ask for bell service to assist with your luggage at your designated room. There is a paved sidewalk from the parking lot to the rooms, but there is a slight incline. Individuals with limited mobility may require further assistance.
Wuksachi Lodge Fast Facts:
- Convenient access to popular national park attractions, including the Giant Forest Grove of the Big Trees and Giant Forest Museum, Big Trees Trail, Crescent Meadow, Wolverton Recreation Area, and the Lodgepole Visitor and Market Center.
- 102 spacious mountain lodge guest rooms with private bath and modern guest amenities, offering spectacular mountain or forest views.
- 90-seat full-service restaurant and lounge, featuring signature Sierra Alpine cuisine, soaring windows, oversized stone fireplace, and forest views.
- 1,320 square feet of dedicated meeting and special event space with full audio-visual and catering services available.
- Standard, Deluxe, and Superior category rooms are available for the physically challenged.
- Native American-themed gift shop features logo apparel, gifts, and other necessities.
- Bell service, daily maid service, and ample complimentary self-parking.
- Surrounded by numerous scenic hiking and cross-country ski trails.
- Transportation available for guests requiring assistance from the main lodge building to the guestroom buildings.
Winter Driving Update:
During the winter, travel between Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Park is impacted by the snow. Please use the following roads to access Wuksachi Lodge and Grant Grove during the winter:
- Wuksachi Lodge: Highway 198
- Grant Grove: Highway 180
- Limited wireless Internet
- Natural wood decor
- Private baths
- Flat-panel televisions with cable
- Mini refrigerators
- Ski racks
- Iron and ironing board
- Hair dryers
- Coffee makers
- Central heat
- Daily housekeeping service
- 90-seat full service restaurant and lounge
- 1,320 square feet of dedicated meeting and event space
The Standard room is our basic mountain lodge accommodation. Rooms feature either one or two queen beds, as well as a desk and chair. Rooms with one queen bed also feature a pullout sofa bed. Our Sequoia lodge's Standard rooms can accommodate up to four people. Mobility/Hearing Accessible Standard rooms are available with one queen bed, a roll-in shower, and visual alarms and notification devices.MAKE A RESERVATION
Deluxe rooms are slightly larger rooms that feature either one king or two queen size beds, as well as an oversized upholstered chair. King rooms also include a sofa bed and end table, and rooms with two queen beds will have a table and two chairs in lieu of a sofa bed. Our deluxe rooms are large enough to accommodate a rollaway bed or crib for a maximum occupancy of five people. Mobility/Hearing Accessible Deluxe rooms are available with one king bed, a roll-in shower, and visual alarms and notification devices.MAKE A RESERVATION
Superior rooms are our Sequoia lodge's largest rooms, ideal for families. All Superior rooms are corner rooms and are available with either one king bed or two queen beds. Each contains a sofa bed and oversized upholstered chair, plus an alcove with a seating area and coffee table with a sliding door for privacy. Superior rooms can also accommodate a rollaway bed or crib and can hold up to six people. Mobility/Hearing Accessible Superior rooms are available with one king bed, a roll-in shower, and visual alarms and notification devices.MAKE A RESERVATION
Wuksachi Lodge Check-in and Area Map
Wuksachi Lodge consists of a set of smaller buildings designed to blend into the environment and provide a more secluded and scenic experience in keeping with the character of the park. The main lodge contains the front desk, restaurant, market and lobby. The guest rooms are in outlying buildings that are 100 to 200 yards from the main lodge.
We strongly recommend that you leave your bags in the car until after you have checked in and gotten instructions on where to park. The individual guest rooms have nearby parking lots with luggage carts available. Wuksachi Lodge also offers luggage service to guests who need assistance.