Grant Grove Restaurant
Limited Food Service in Grant Grove
May 1, 2016 to April 2017
New Restaurant Coming!
We are excited to have all approvals necessary to move forward on construction of a new 8,000 square-foot restaurant for Grant Grove. The new restaurant will provide a much-improved dining experience for our guests, featuring a fully modern kitchen, a beautiful dining room and will be built using sustainable materials and construction techniques.
Grant Grove Dining Options During Construction
During construction, the main restaurant will be closed. We will be offering the following dining options for guests.
- The Grant Grove Market will offer "grab and go" meals, pizza by the slice and fresh soups daily.
- A themed food truck in the village will also offer meals to overnight guests and day visitors alike.
- Overnight guests at John Muir Lodge and the Grant Grove Cabins who have booked a package that includes breakfast will be offered a light Continental breakfast in John Muir Lodge (not available to campers or day visitors).
- During the peak season, from Memorial Day weekend in late May to Columbus Day weekend in mid-October, our chefs will also host a lunch and dinner barbecue in the Village area.
- Peaks Restaurant at Wuksachi Lodge and Wolverton Barbecue will both function as normal (roughly 45-minute drive from Grant Grove)
We apologize for the inconvenience and look forward to offering a new and improved Grant Grove Restaurant in 2017.
Kings Canyon Restaurant - Grant Grove
Generations of Kings Canyon National Park guests have savored the seasonal American cuisine served at Grant Grove Restaurant. Offering family-friendly dining, the spacious, comfortable dining room and friendly wait staff provide a nice pause from trailblazing and sightseeing endeavors. Steak, chicken, trout, and vegetarian dishes highlight a seasonally changing menu. Open year-round. If traveling through the park to Cedar Grove, visit the Cedar Grove Gift Shop and Cedar Grove Snack Bar. Lodging is also available at Cedar Grove Lodge - open seasonally.
Celebrate Valentine's Day at Grant Grove
The chefs at Grant Grove Restaurant will be cooking up special "couples" menu for Valentine's Day. This three-course meal starts with sourdough rolls and avocado butter with a prawn tempura appetizer. The main course offers your choice of chicken rollatini marsala, salmon filet or eggplant parmesan. Finish off with a truffle sampler and a fresh berry parfait, all for $75 per couple.